My client, a successful AAA Game Developer, is currently looking for an enthusiastic GUI/UX Designer devoted to building intuitive, cutting-edge user interface experiences for games on all current platforms.
This is a full-time role based in-house at their headquarters, on an initial 6-12 months employed contract basis.
- Work closely with a GUI Artist to design and implement 2D front-end game interfaces and in-game display HUDs
- Work closely with each project’s design team to ensure menus and interface reflect the overarching goals of the title in the most intuitive fashion
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Work with technical artists and tools programmers to improve efficiency of workflow
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief within technical platform constraints/limitations and ensure publisher/platform compliancy
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit the company
- Collaborate productively within larger multi-disciplined project team environments, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Work effectively with minimal levels of guidance, prioritising and scheduling your own work
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
- Experience of implementing graphical user interfaces, awareness of bestselling games and the graphical styles they employ. Some game industry experience is preferred but not essential, print or web-layout experience will also be considered
- Great knowledge of flow and function of game interfaces, user interface design and game navigation
- Skilled in GUI design and layouts
- Knowledge of game engines and artist tools
- Detail-orientated with a logical, structured approach
- Ability to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Knowledge of Photoshop and/or Flash preferred but not essential
- An aesthetic eye with experience of layout, web-design, print or typography would be advantageous
- A genuine interest in playing games
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org