Job ID: #9779
OPM are thrilled to be working with an Amsterdam-based games company that seeks an experienced graphics programmer to join a new internal team. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated and a talented technical individual, who will form part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team exploring everything from new gameplay techniques to tools for art & terrain generation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Graphics Programmers, in close collaboration with other disciplines, research, develop and integrate new rendering features and refine / extend existing technologies and pipelines.
• Recruit and lead a team of experts within the 'tech' discipline.
• Establish and curate a productive, collaborative development culture.
• Mentor and facilitate the continued professional growth of team members.
• Design and implement elegant solutions focused on scalability, performance, and maintenance.
• Profile, optimise and enhance existing graphics technologies (rendering, lighting, shaders, shadows, scene management, and others).
• Collaborate with other disciplines to establish technical standards / workflows, and help ensure that assets / code perform according to spec.
• Estimate, plan, monitor and effectively prioritise tasks.
• Identify, communicate and manage risks and issues.
• Provide ongoing informal and structured technical feedback to colleagues.
• Facilitate the continued professional growth of fellow team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
As part of a research-oriented multi-disciplinary team, this role requires the confidence to envision and assert the implementation of new graphical features, the curiosity to explore and experiment with future techniques, and the capacity discuss complex technical requirements / issues at various levels of abstraction.
• Extensive games industry (or equivalent) software development experience.
• Shipped titles in a Rendering (or equivalent) role.
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent formal qualification) in a relevant field (or equivalent experience).
• Solid experience with shader languages, graphics APIs, and debugging tools.
• Experience with GPU/CPU profiling and optimisation techniques.
• Familiarity with Physically Based Rendering and related concepts.
• Solid proficiency in C/C++/C#, including: refactoring, optimisation, and testing.
• Confident researching / prototyping new technologies.
• Experience integrating / adapting 3rd party technologies.
• Ability to write clear and maintainable code.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
• Experience developing large-scale / open-world / sandbox games.
• Experience developing with Unity 3D (Scriptable Render Pipeline, High Definition Render Pipeline).
• Experience with industry-standard Digital Content Creation tools (Maya, 3ds Max, Houdini, Substance).
• Experience in a senior role.
• AAA / console game development experience.
• Proficiency in documentation and communication.
• Working knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
• Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
• Practical experience using a variety of modern game engines and tools.
• Fluency in Dutch and Korean languages.
Categories: Programming , Technical
We’re proud to be partnering with MCV/Develop to bring you the 2022 30 Under 30 – this time with a…
OPM are finally heading back to Germany to attend gamescom 2022! Kim, Hannah and Jon will be arriving in Cologne…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom