Job Title – Games Systems/Engine Programmer – VR Studio London
Job Location – Central London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Excellent plus benefits
Job ID – 24376
OPM are working with a hugely successful development team based in Central London.
They are currently looking for Game Systems and Engine programmers to work on their next new and exclusive virtual reality title.
Building on over twenty years at the forefront of development, they’re leading the world of VR, and about to start an exciting new project that will push the player-experience to new heights.
This is a great opportunity for a senior programmer to join an established technology team working on proprietary engine and tools focused on bringing the best technology to the game teams.
You will have a critical role to play in shaping the future technology and the working practices of the entire studio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining engine systems & technology, in collaboration with other tools and runtime programmers
- Your engineering responsibilities will range from developing low-level hardware interfaces right up to providing integrated front facing game engine systems and APIs
- Collaborating with other members of the technology team, content creators and embedded QA to continuously improve our proprietary technology
- Managing priorities and dependencies. Assessing technical risk. Ensuring smooth development across the team and minimize delays to deliverables.
- Support and maintenance of new and existing technology.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles
- A solid understanding of game architecture, including the development of reusable software libraries.
- Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis and optimization skills. Experience of designing code and data structures with performance in mind, and the use of performance analysis tools.
- A methodical approach to debugging, practiced over a number of years, and honed to high degree of proficiency.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game development. Experience of working in small focused work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team.
- Ability to self-prioritize and execute with minimal supervision
- Experience of leading a small team of programmers, providing support and guidance in daily tasks.
- Experience of working as part of a core engineering team.
- Experience of console/PC development and Virtual Reality applications
- A successful shipped console title or mobile/tablet application gaining critical acclaim.