This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join development on their latest unannounced AAA title heading to current gen and next-gen platforms.
- Excellent professional experience with C/C++.
- Able to quickly understand a large existing codebase.
- Able to prototype and produce finalised code.
- Solid debugging, profiling, and optimising, system design and 3D math skills.
- Strong communication skills, and able to cooperate with multiple disciplines across a project.
- Excellent initiative, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Passionate about playing and creating games.
- Develop and implement gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc.
- Meet game design and technical requirements.
- Maintain and debug your new and existing code.
- Author and maintain technical documentation.
- Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console.
- Identify and solve development hurdles.
- Cooperate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines.
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure.
- A 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or another science-related subject, is desired.
- Knowledge of console, multiplayer development, and development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce or other version control systems, would be an advantage.
- Professional experience with modern consoles, would be an advantage.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!