Job Title – Gameplay Programmer – VR Studio London
Job Location – Central London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Excellent plus benefits
Job ID – 24380
OPM are working with a hugely successful development team based in Central London.
They are currently looking for Gameplay programmers to work on their next new and exclusive virtual reality title.
Building on over twenty years at the forefront of development, they’re leading the world of VR, and about to start an exciting new project that will push the player-experience to new heights.
You will be encouraged to manage your own time, make decisions for yourself and above all have fun in a very creative environment.
This is a great opportunity for a game-play programmer to join our project team at the beginnings of a new title – helping to define, and ultimately deliver, a completely new experience for the studio.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prototyping new gameplay mechanics and exploring new creative ideas.
- Designing, developing, documenting, testing and maintaining highly accessible game-play features in collaboration with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Design and development of new game systems, and implementing game content.
- Troubleshooting game-play related issues throughout the team.
- Continuously striving to deliver a highly entertaining interactive experience.
- Tackling feature based work subject to experience/ability e.g. high level graphics, applied physics, animation, online integration, audio, etc.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality and efficiency.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis and optimization skills. A methodical approach to debugging.
- Passion and aptitude for practical game-play development. Experience of working in small focused work groups, and interfacing with a large multi-discipline team. Excellent communication skills.
- Broad understanding of all areas of game-play mechanics. With an in depth knowledge in at least one area of game-play. Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Console development, PC or other console based development, or mobile/tablet applications and games.
- A successful shipped console title or mobile/tablet application gaining critical acclaim.
- C# language skills. Scripting language experience, such as LUA, Java-script.
- Familiarity with development software and tools, such as Microsoft Visual Studio, Perforce, SN-Debugger, Hansoft.
- Experience of using third party middleware in a game production environment, such as Unity, Unreal Engine, CryEngine, Havok, Maya.