Our client is looking for an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join their VR Gameplay team, working on their next exclusive virtual reality title.
You will focus on developing gameplay mechanics and systems, within the context of custom studio technology optimized for VR. Working with creatives and the wider technical team, you will utilize your experience and passion for developing gameplay, realizing the creative ambition for our next VR title.
- Prototyping gameplay mechanics and exploring creative ideas with an absolute focus on quality, player experience and making the most of PlayStation hardware.
- Designing, developing, testing, documenting and maintaining highly accessible gameplay features in close collaboration with other programmers, designers and artists.
- Design and development of wider gameplay systems and implementing game content.
- Troubleshooting gameplay related issues throughout the team.
- Continuously striving to deliver a highly entertaining interactive, cutting edge VR experience.
- Proactively and methodically improving quality, efficiency and best practice.
- Broad understanding of all areas of game-play mechanics. With an in-depth knowledge of character based game-play and experience of developing games in VR.
- Experience of game prototyping and rapid iteration on creative ideas.
- Working in a small focused work group while interfacing with a large multi-discipline team, you should have excellent communication skills, approachability, passion and aptitude for practical gameplay development.
- Excellent C++ programming skills. Proficiency in maths and 3D geometry. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Robust software engineering and software architecture principles. Experience of working with and interfacing to a large codebase, including systems such as: graphics, physics, animation, audio, and networking.
- Objective profiling, analysis, and optimization skills. An appreciation of parallelism and the implications for system design, and a methodical approach to debugging and problem solving in general.
- PlayStation platform development, PC or other console-based development. A successful shipped console or mobile title that achieved critical acclaim and did well in the market.