As a Gameplay Programmer you will be working closely with the game development team. You’ll work with other programmers, designers, artists, animators and producers to build out game systems and features.
Our client is a small, tightly knit group of developers who strive to build impressive multiplayer games.Their gameplay programmers tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the boundaries to deliver that goal. They create game systems, user interfaces, AI, networked gameplay, gameplay optimizations, audio systems, input systems and design tools.
- Implement new game features and modes.
- Iterate on existing features and mechanics.
- Solve problems encountered along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Improve as an individual.
- Help others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant experience.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Must have some prior experience in UE4.
- Must understand the importance of efficient networking in a multiplayer game.
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Have a strong grasp of 3D maths for games.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements of a competitive first-person shooter.
- A desire to craft multiplayer games.
- A familiarity of multiplayer game programming.
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to overcome difficult hurdles.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
- Have developed a specialism: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation, etc.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience in a professional environment.
- Experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Experience writing game code with tight performance constraints.
- Experience writing optimized code in Unreal Engine 4.
- An understanding of game design.
- Have the ability to drive and contribute to all aspects of a game.