Job ID: #10836
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Experienced gameplay programmers are called to join our clients Oxford studio, to work on a brand new exclusive title based on their own successful IP. This unannounced title based on a popular and growing series is already being developed on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. Their gameplay programmers are supported by an industry-leading bespoke multi-platform game engine, custom tools suite and dedicated engine coders. There is also scope to transition into engine development in the future.
For Experienced Programmers they look for extensive professional C++ games experience. Any experience with consoles, particularly PS4 or Xbox One will be an advantage. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject.
• Develop and implement new gameplay code, including features such as strategy, mechanics, logic, combat systems, AI, UI, audio code, etc
• Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards
• Maintain and debug your own and existing code
• Write and maintain technical documentation
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance per console
• Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise
• Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
• Excellent C/C++ skills at a professional level
• Ability to quickly familiarise yourself to work with a large existing codebase
• Ability to prototype as well as producing final code
• Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills
• Good spoken and written communication skills, as well as teamworking with game developers from all disciplines across the project
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction
• Any knowledge of console, general games and/or multiplayer development, and/or development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce/other version control systems would be an advantage
• A genuine interest in playing games
Categories: Programming , Technical
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom