This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for an AI Programmer to join their core engine tech team and development on their upcoming AAA titles heading to current gen and next-gen platforms.
- Experience working on a major console, successfully implementing AI techniques into a game.
- Excellent C/C++ skills.
- Can quickly familiarise and work with a large existing codebase.
- Can prototype as well as producing final code.
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising, system design and 3D math skills.
- Good communication skills able to collaborate with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about gaming and games development.
- Develop and implement cutting-edge AI solutions for next-gen gameplay, debugging, maintaining, and extending your own and existing AI code.
- Write robust and maintainable code, optimising code and data for memory usage and performance per platform.
- Meet game design and technical requirements as well as internal coding standards, communicating across multiple disciplines to ensure AI satisfies game requirements and quality.
- Identify and solve development obstacles or risks that arise, suggesting improvements and implementing solutions to improve performance and reliability.
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can benefit the studio.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other related subjects.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays.
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!