This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console/PC Action Games
OPM’s client is an award-winning client is seeking a Games Programmer who will join development on an unannounced AAA title.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, testing, designing, and implementing systems and game code whilst also helping on other areas where necessary.
- Proficient skills with C/C++.
- Strong professional experience in the games industry.
- Experience with engines such as Unreal Engine.
- Solid time management skills and able to handle workload effectively including planning, organising, and prioritising in concurrence with the code team.
- Ability to write clear, debuggable, maintainable and performance targeted code.
- Outstanding communication skills with team members outside of the code team.
- Brilliant bug diagnosis and debugging skills.
- You will design, develop, write, test, and implement systems and game code.
- You will work with a multidisciplinary team involved in the development process as required to create a world class quality product.
- You will help develop technical design specifications and implement them.
- You will test and enhance gameplay features throughout the development cycle.
- You will estimate personal tasks and deliver high quality code on time.
- You will perform code reviews with the team to ensure good quality code.
- Understanding of industry standard practices with source control, asset pipelines, issue tracking, external QA, and localisation teams.
- Exposure to post-launch and on-going product development.
- Experience with continuous integration and build automation.
- Professional experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience with art packages and pipelines.
- Experience with low level optimisation, shader programming, physics, or mathematics.
- Experience in development of a previously shipped AAA title.
- Portfolio of relevant hobbyist/personal projects.
- Holidays – 23 days paid annual leave plus all 8 UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays – An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary
- Team Project Bonuses
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Dog Friendly Workspace
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!