OPM is excited to be working with this leading digital and social games publisher, and one of the top innovators in its field. They create games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 157 million monthly users they operate their own established franchises and partner with major entertainment companies. Their games have been distributed in over 100 countries and employs thousands of people worldwide.
My client is looking for a Game Economy Designer to improve each game’s financial performance by identifying and developing the purchase drivers in the game economy context by understanding how a game works as a service for its customers and project how customers behave. You will also provide constant data-driven recommendations on design, tuning and pricing.
- Define virtual products and their statistics with the development team, and project how each change modifies game dynamics
- Identify potential sales drivers for different product categories in the game economy, defining key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balance virtual products – identifying needs, relationships, life-cycle and streams of availability
- Manage pricing – create specific price point roles and implement selling strategies for key consumers
- Regularly provide user feedback and stat/price point tuning to the development team based on play-testing, both during game development and post-release
- Analysing the evolution of defined metrics to spot both, monetization bottlenecks and facilitators, and suggest game design improvements or enhance the customer experience accordingly
- This is a position requiring a mix of strong economy and marketing knowledge with passion for analytical game design and the emerging free-to-play business model
- Experience as Game Economy Designer or Game Balancer
- Strong understanding of gameplay and game design and how to build needs and emotions in the context of a game
- Strong analytical and formal thinking skills (able to break problems down in their key variables and identify the relations between them
- Strong econometrics skills, able to model problems into quantitative systems, and draw qualitative conclusions out of quantitative data
- Statistic knowledge, able to formulate ratios and indexes specific to each game, identifying specific weaknesses and strengths in its economy design
- Strong marketing knowledge, able to formulate adequate selling strategies to improve the financial performance
- Understanding of client/server architecture and data collecting pipeline and mining
- Graduate degree in Economics or BA, preferably specialized in Marketing or Strategic direction.
- Mastery of Excel
- Deep, up-to-date knowledge of the free-to-play market, both web-based and on smartphones
- Passion for games on all existing formats: board games, card games, sports, paper RPGs, gambling, all genres of videogames with special focus on MMOs and competitive games
- Previous experience in econometrics/data mining
- Previous experience as game designer, social designer or gambling designer
- And above all, motivation and a passion for video games!
What’s on offer?
As well as a competitive basic salary, my client also offers:
- Opportunity to work in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games!
- Fun, passionate and creative studio with a casual, friendly atmosphere. International environment and open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
- Full coverage with health insurance & 25 days paid annual holiday.
- Flexible schedule.
- Dynamic salary review, bonuses and other perks (Game room, ping pong table, free fruits and coffee, parties & joyful events…).
- Workshops, team building activities and free Spanish and English classes
- Professional growth opportunities supported by a performance review process and a Training Plan
- If coming from abroad, they offer relocation support
- Excellent working conditions! Office situated in the very heart of Madrid with rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.