Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA VR Games
OPM are proud to be working with a development studio based in Amsterdam, working on an up-and-coming AAA VR title.
They are currently looking for an experienced Game Designer to play a key role coordinating the team to work towards the vision for the games.
- Vast experience as a Game Director on the full development cycle of a console, PC or VR title, or you have worked in a Lead Designer role throughout a full development cycle on console or PC project.
- You possess excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You can demonstrate effective creative leadership on projects based upon existing and original IP’s.
- Sets the vision at the start of the project and safeguards it throughout development by directing the senior management team and the leads.
- Shares responsibility with the Senior Lead Producer for determining the project’s scope in respect of the budget and timelines set by the company.
- Gives high-level direction, feedback and inspiration to the whole team at regular intervals throughout development.
- Together with the Senior Lead Producer, translates the project’s vision & scope into goals for the leadership team to deliver on during pre-production and full production.
- Monitors the project continuously, ensuring the vision is respected, adjusting the team’s focus and energy where needed.
- Acts as an example of commitment to the project and studio's vision by doing work that sets the studio standard and inspires others.
- You have extensive experience in a leadership role developing high quality (VR) games or experiences.
- Experience in people management.
- 26 Vacation days with an option to buy 5 more.
- Relocation cost compensation depending on your situation.
- Free train commuting when living outside of Amsterdam.
- Friday afternoon drinks (online).
- Group activities and an annual VR game jam (also whilst working from home).
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!