This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: Console/PC Racing Games
OPM is working with a well-known and established Games Development Studio. They encourage the ‘Remote’ working model and have just announced a new, highly anticipated title. Looking forward to this new exciting project, they are looking to recruit a Game Director to make it happen.
- Extensive professional experience in the games industry, having shipped at least two successful titles on current gen consoles.
- Deep understanding of a minimum of two of the following packages: 3DS Max, Maya, zBrush, Photoshop, Premiere and/or Houdini.
- Deep understanding of a minimum of one of the following engines: Frostbite, Crytek, Unreal, and/or Unity.
- Accomplished at representing AAA titles to press and external parties.
- Full understanding of the competitive landscape and up to date with industry trends, especially in the racing, action, and free-to-play landscapes
- Natural ability to energise and motivate a team to hit goals
- Define and own the vision and the pillars for the franchise and game design.
- Responsible for all creative elements including art, design, VFX, animation, characters, cinematics, ensuring the highest quality bars are hit.
- Help drive feature and content development from inception through to conclusion.
- Maintain focus and communication between team and stakeholder groups.
- Working closely with the Chief Creative Officer and Game Direction Team, sharing delivery responsibility for all aspects.
- Line management of the Game Design leads and offering direction and coaching within the Game Design team.
- Board-level stakeholder accountability and direction therefrom, providing detailed updates with both creative vision and commercial awareness.
- Maintaining an expansive understanding of the project status and progress.
- Evangelises the project to all departments, inducing positivity and commitment under pressure.
- Work with the Game Direction Team to bring together content from all disciplines when demos, vertical slices or prototypes are required.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the quality bar and drives the team to hit it.
- Endeavours for cross-discipline coordination on all features and content.
- Ensures that information is shared as needed to the broader team.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214 412