One of the leading independent game studios in the world is looking for a Games Designer to join their team working on their systems design for upcoming projects on console.
- Work together with the Lead Designer and other cross disciplinary team members to create fun and engaging game mechanics.
- Own and drive core game features from conception, through prototyping and into release.
- Become a champion for your feature, working on production levels and supporting a cross-discipline level team; ensure the feature is implemented correctly in combat, story and exploration setups.
- Be an evangelist for the game by getting team members excited about the product, feature(s) and why they should want to work on it.
- Work with the Lead Technical Designer to suggest workflow and tool improvements that will improvement productivity within the design team.
- Proactively work to improve the product on a day-to-day basis, propose improvements to other levels, features etc.
- At least one shipped (pre-production to release) console title working on core gameplay systems.
- In previous work, experience of taking at least one (preferably multiple) core features from concept to release.
- Knowledge and experience working with scripting languages (Lua, C# etc.) to script prototype game features and level flow / logic.
- Knowledge and experience working with next generation 3D level editors (CryEngine, Unity, Unreal etc. or internally developed editors).
- Can take criticism and feedback from publishers, leads and other team members and channel it into improving the product.
- Self-motivated and proactive, you never rest on your laurels.
- Working on and shipping 1st person games.
- In previous work, experience with integrating a significant amount of narrative content into levels. Background in either films or creative writing.
- 3D art skills (3D studio max, Maya etc.) for prototyping / white boxing.
If this sounds like you, please send your cv to email@example.com today
Chris Watkins | Creative Recruiter | OPM Response Ltd | www.opmjobs.com
Direct Line: +44 (0) 1206 214422 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: Chris.Watkins.opm
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421
Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429
Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB
Three-time Develop Award Winners
RECOMMEND A FRIEND – Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.