OPM’s client, a rapidly expanding game developer, is busier than ever right now working on a range of interesting new IP’s! They have had record years over the last 3 years’ and intend to grow even further. They are based in the North of the UK, surrounded by interesting places and events, so it’s a great place to live and work.
They’re now looking for a Game Designer to join their design team to help with exciting new projects.
- Defining the content either visually, verbally or in written form, regarding software produced by the studio
- Assisting in the implementation of content, and to ensure the high quality of that content
- Working proactively with the other members of the team, including the Producer, Lead Designer and Creative Director to ensure that the design-related goals of the project are met in a timely manner
- Ensuring a high quality of work on their assigned project, primarily from a game design point of view, but also including UI/UX
- Working with third party developers to ensure an appropriate level of support in assisting with the development the studios games
- The communication and championing of game content, concept and vision to artists, programmers, producers, marketing staff and all others involved in the development process
- Presenting developed software to third parties, such as platform holders, press, or other development partners
- Forming new ideas to contribute to both titles that are in development
- Experience in a similar role designing projects for console and PC platforms
- Experience of developing gameplay mechanics
- Information design and user interface design skills
- Able to work to deadlines but with a high level of attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality work
- Practical knowledge of current development practices and development tools
- Good working knowledge of game engines (e.g. Unity), Adobe Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- Experience of development using C# and/or blueprint, or equivalent
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.