Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Game Designer – Console & PC Games – North East, UK – Permanent
Location: Middlesbrough Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 1 year ago
This award-winning studio are looking for a highly experienced and driven individual to fill this challenging but very rewarding role. They are looking for experienced, multi-talented and driven Games Designers with a passion for games, to work in-house with our strong design and game development teams.
- Two or more years working as a Games Designer on at least 1 shipped product. We are flexible in this regard and would consider the right candidate with more experience at a lower level
- Experience working independently, and working closely with other departments to
- communicate and deliver your designs to a high standard
- A high level of general language skills and an ability to create an exceptional standard of
- design specs, documentation, diagrams, spreadsheets or flow charts to communicate your design visions clearly and concisely
- A broad knowledge of games and an excellent understanding of what makes them work
- Work closely with other designers and all departments (Art, Code, Production and QA) as the game takes shape, convey your ideas concisely and champion a high level of quality and player experience throughout
- Own individual areas of the game, features or mechanics, from their concept through to completion
- Undertake and approach design tasks that are fit for purpose – Whether it be designing brand new content, creating suitable additional content for our current catalogue, or analysing and improving existing features for a game we may be bringing across to a new platform
- Create clear annotated mock-ups and/or diagrams for UI(s) and HUDs, for artists and coders to follow and implement efficiently
- Visualise and consider the entire game and its components when designing or improving content. A great designer can not only come up with innovative new mechanics but also fully understand the implications on the rest of the game and its ecosystems: Controls, UI, player messaging and feedback, consistency, pacing, difficulty curve, etc.
- Take a proactive approach to foresee problems and provide design solutions that are mindful of a project’s scope and timescales. Creativity is important but being able to adapt to and be considerate of a project’s constraints throughout is of the utmost importance, as well as staying faithful to the IP
- Experience in participating in various forms of game design, including; UI/UX, game modes, key features and mechanics, balancing and progression, accessibility, reward systems, etc.
- We also hope that you could bring your own unique experiences and skill-sets to our business
- Experience in prototyping / rapid concept prototyping
- Experience working on Live Service products and designing for a game’s post-launch content
- Experience working on both PC and current-gen console platforms
- Knowledge and experience of game engines (Unity/Unreal), scripting (Java/Lua), database creation/management
- Creative or narrative writing skills and experience, perhaps classically trained
- Experience working on titles or projects with live operations
- An active interest in current and future trends in the computer games industry
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible lunch hours
- Personal development plan and potential annual performance bonuses
- Vitality Private Healthcare (for you and your family)
- Christmas bonuses
- Cycle scheme
Categories: Creative , Design