Job Title – Full Stack Developer – Innovative London Games Studio
Job Location – London
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Competitive
Job ID – 25795
OPM are working with a long-term partner in the Games Industry. They are currently looking for a Full Stack Developer to help develop game features from beginning to end all the way through the stack.
This will include online services, servers and tools needed to keep the genre defining MMO live.
You should be an experienced developer with the ability to implement and integrate features from game servers to Unity client code.
You should be able to work in a medium size team and support and design complex server architectures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop game features and tools spanning from server to client for use by both players and your colleagues
- Architect, implement, debug and optimise complex systems to support the game, including identifying and fixing exploits.
- Ensure quality of the code, creating amazing player experiences in a clean, efficient, and polished manner.
- Supporting your colleagues by helping to solve technical issues, participate in code reviews and design meetings.
- Participating in all games life cycles with suggestions and feedback as well as generating new game concepts during our regular game-jams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Being committed to providing scalable, reliable service to our players and internal users.
- Yearning for improvement through honest feedback from your peers and the community.
- Belief that “the best way” is not written in stone and changes for the better are welcome.
- Passion for playing games.
- Creative, innovative, and conscientious in solving complex technical problems.
- Focused but adaptable; flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment.
- Experience with releasing live Java application (using any framework) and REST services.
- Experience with both No-SQL and SQL Databases.
- Experience with Python, Java, Scala, Golang, Cloud technologies (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Experience with Unit testing, CI and continuous deployment.
- Experience with Unity development or mobile client development. C# experience a plus!
- Experience with rapid prototyping and agile or iterative development.
- Used to work in teams, with an appreciation for all the different skills needed to build a game.
- Comfortable use of Source control.
- Able to provide after-hours support for online services and systems.