Our clients Label is busier than ever, working on an array of successful and interesting new game IPs. They are expanding rapidly – the last 3 years have all been record years!
They have a great new opportunity to join them as an External Producer where you will play a major part in delivering a plethora of brilliant games across all formats.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Managing internal and external 3rd party projects from initial concepts through to publication.
- Assisting with the management of the publishing evaluation process. Supplying feedback and presentations to internal and external parties.
- Ensuring that communication between the studio and 3rd parties is maintained via both personal and electronic methods.
- Carrying out due diligence, including site visits.
- Helping external teams to establish a realistic project scope.
- Ensuring that the development of all external projects occurs in a timely fashion, adheres to a budget and meets the high-quality standards required.
- Performing and optimising good project management techniques to ensure the above.
- Performing risk analysis on all external projects and manage with a view to mitigating any and all project risks.
- Reviewing milestone deliverables and working to ensure they are fully achieved to the highest standards.
- Ensuring a game can meet the technical requirements of format holders.
- Reviewing production department performance.
- Reporting to the Production Director on progress, budgets, risks, failures and any and all known issues.
- Working with programmers, artists, designers, audio staff and external contractors to ensure a good working environment and atmosphere.
- Managing the development roadmap, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout the project lifetime (including post launch and service support).
- Presenting development progress to stakeholders.
Requirements / Key Skills
- Proven experience within a Project Management role
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Must be proactive and driven without need for supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a natural leader who can motivate and drive development teams and processes.
- Being personable and open minded in solving schedule issues relating to the complex development structure of game development.
- Must have exemplary organisational skills and have a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices (e.g. Prince2, Agile, Waterfall)
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must fit within the studio environment. Being both friendly and approachable but with a professional and energetic work ethic.
- Excellent, up to date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.