OPM’s client, a well-known UK based game development studio, is looking for an Experienced Sound Designer to join their growing team.
As an Experienced Sound Designer, your primary responsibility will be to ensure and raise the quality of the studio’s audio output. You will demonstrate a strong sensibility for both aesthetic and technical requirements for any given project.
Responsibilities will span all aspects of sound production, including asset creation, designing and implementing interactive sound systems, VO implementation, cinematic audio, and more. You will be encouraged to demonstrate creativity, initiative and ownership within these areas, ensuring the vision of the wider studio is met at the highest quality possible.
- Create and implement high quality sound effects, taking ownership from initial creative conception to the final stages of fine-tuning for any and every game scenario
- Designing solutions for audio implementation issues with code and design teams. Working effectively and using experience and knowledge to improve interactions between audio and other disciplines. Liaising with outsource audio providers (composers, Foley artists, VO studios, actors, etc.)
- Demonstrate a wider awareness of sound design and music in games and movies
- Understand all aspects of game development from start to finish and be ready to potentially carry a project on your own
- Take an active part in audio QA, fixing both logged and newly introduced issues to ensure the desired audio presentation is maintained throughout development cycles
- Demonstrate a proven reliability with time management and a deep understanding of the importance of meeting self-set and externally set targets – both within the audio team and the studio as a whole
- Liaise effectively with Production ensuring a workable balance between creative demands and commercial/business requirements
- Take responsibility for own personal development
- At least 1 published title that demonstrates a significant contribution in audio
- Experience creating and implementing a diverse range of sound effects that fit tone and purpose of the experience
- Experience with commercial and/or proprietary game engines and audio tools
- Aptitude in visual scripting
- Proficiency with DAWs such as Reaper, ProTools, etc., and a wide range of plug-ins
- Good experience with linear audio, such as trailers, short movies etc.
- Interest in VR Audio and new game audio technologies
- Team player who enjoys discussing audio related topics with the rest of the team
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and its blueprint scripting system is a great advantage
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org