Job ID: #12291
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client creates multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. They work closely with other disciplines to help them realize their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
As an experienced Gameplay Programmer to join a team working on a leading AAA franchise. You will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality. Through regular communication and interaction with other team members, you will gather the requirements for, and own the implementation of, key tasks and features related to a wide range of development areas. You enjoy exploring new challenges and are comfortable solving difficult problems autonomously where required.
They believe that constantly improving their skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
• Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs.
• Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
• Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
• Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
• Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
• Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
• Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
• Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
• The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
• The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
• Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
• Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
• Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
Even better if you have:
• Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
• Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
• Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4.
• Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
• Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
• Experience in animation programming.
Categories: Programming , Technical
A Unity Developer brings their software expertise to tasks involving the Unity engine. The Unity engine is a run-time environment…
Now that the United Kingdom has left the European Union, it’s important to know what this means for UK companies…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom