Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Experienced Level Designer – Console & PC Games – London (or Remote) – Permanent/Contract
Location: London, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 4 years ago
I’m delighted to be working with this Console and PC Game Development Studio based in the thriving City of London. My client is currently looking for an experienced Level Designer to join their team to work on their new major IP.
- Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels
- Research subject matter relating to the design objective to ensure the authenticity of the experience
- Own level designs from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating departments to ensure the vision is clearly understood
- Revise your levels based on feedback, game test results and telemetry data
- Participate in the research and development of new tools related to level design and pipeline
- Willing to learn and use in-house development tools and text-based scripting languages
- Contribute to establishing and enforcing consistent design practices, constraints, and metrics throughout projects
- Mentor other designers and lead by example
- Extensive experience in the games industry working in a level design capacity, shipping at least one AAA title
- Experience working with a game engine, using scripting tools to orchestrate events, and implementing 3D work into the pipeline
- Extensive understanding of level design process including level flow, engagement, structure, pacing, environmental storytelling, testing, etc.
- Experience in rapid prototyping to test feasibility of concepts
- Working knowledge of at least one AAA game development toolset – e.g. Unreal, CryEngine, Lumberyard, or an in-house tool
- Strong scripting knowledge, ideally with experience in text-based languages – e.g. C#, java, LUA, etc.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
Categories: Creative , Design