Our client is looking for a talented Free to Play Game Designer who will work across all areas of game development. Starting with the original concept and ideation stage within the design team, working as part of the production team during game development and ensuring the game is optimised in terms of core gameplay, retention and, monetisation throughout the product lifecycle.
- Working within a team to design world class mobile games with a focus on engagement, retention and monetisation
- Creating game concepts, treatments and game design documentation throughout the development process
- Working with the product team to ensure implementation meets design objectives
- Developing a method for analysing usage data, balancing difficulty and game economy
- Utilising analytics tools and user focus groups to improve systems based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- Liaising with third parties to produce and implement sound FX and music
- Crafting, assessing, re-balancing and tuning new and existing levels
- Where applicable, dealing with feedback from IP owners and brand licensees
- Understanding basic software / game development
- Experience designing mobile games, game reward systems and free to play game systems
- Using mathematical models and tools to analyze game play, balancing and user behaviour
- Experience and/or knowledge of level design across multiple game genres
- Experience with Unity
- Familiarity with in app analytics tools
- Knowledge of various advertising placements to monetise mobile games
- Up-to-date knowledge of trends and best practice for freemium games – a passion in this area is essential
- Experience working with existing brands and IPs
- Demonstrable commercial or personal game design or development projects or products.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.