Our Client, a rapidly expanding game developer, is busier than ever right now working on a range of interesting new IP’s! They have had record years over the last 3 years’, and intend to grow even further. They are based in the North of the UK, surrounded by interesting places and events, so it’s a great place to live and work.
They’re currently looking for an experienced Game Designer to join their team.
- Defining the content, either visually, verbally or in written form of titles produced by the company
- Producing or assisting in the production of that content ensuring as far as possible the high quality of that content
- Working proactively with the members of the team, the Production team and the Creative Director to ensure that the design-related goals of the Company are met in a timely manner
- Working alongside the Audio Engineer in the design of any audible aspects of a project
- Working alongside the Usability Analyst and implementing feedback to ensure to highest possible quality experience
- Actively representing design interests in cross-discipline discussions and meetings both pro-actively and when requested to do so while encouraging a collaborative work ethic
- Identifying and reporting all risks, progress and problems to your lead/producer
- Understand the role of pacing, narrative, theme and mechanics in creating compelling gameplay experiences
- Use player feedback and design direction to hone the gameplay experience
- Extensive experience in a design role within the gaming industry working on console/PC games
- Information design and user interface design skills
- Experience of developing gameplay mechanics
- Experience of designing and integrating puzzles into your levels
- The ability to communicate your vision to artists, programmers, producers, marketing staff and others involved in the development process
- Systematic and strategic thinking
- Imagination and creativity
- Experience of rapid prototyping
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Unity and/or Unreal Engine 4
- Experience of development using C# and/or blueprint OR equivalent
- Comfortable working in a 3D package (Maya, Max, Blender OR equivalent) in order to whitebox level layouts
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.