This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
OPM have partnered with a well-established and stable UK game developer working on all leading platforms, including PC, Sony PS4, Xbox One, and mobile..
The studio works on multiple projects and are seeking an experienced Environment Artist to join to work in the development of a number of upcoming titles for PC and Consoles.
- As a 3D Artist you will be responsible for producing art assets in line with project requirements. You will create high quality graphical content, both 3D and 2D consistent with the style and vision of the project.
- Must have, prior to consideration: a strong demo reel that adequately reflects artistic flare and ability.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrable experience in creating environment / prop models of a high standard while maintaining visual and functional specifications for the game.
- Be able to meet schedules and artistic standards.
- Work collaboratively with the art team and actively contribute to the development process.
- Model in-game art with effective use of polygon and texture budget.
- Model high and low-poly art to the required standard and level of detail.
- Create UV map with efficient layout.
- Perform research and reference gathering to acquire the necessary knowledge to perform assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the pipelines and procedures within the project.
- Industry experience modelling and texturing for console and/or PC games with a minimum of 1 published game and possess 2-3 years previous experience in a similar role.
- Be able to use applications (3DS Max / Maya, Substance Painter & Designer, Photoshop) up to industry standard.
- Traditional Art Background (sketching, digital painting and conceptualising skills).
- Can demonstrate an understanding of Art Fundamentals.
- Experience with Unity / Unreal.
Demonstrate Ability To:
- Work well and respond to pressure.
- Communicate effectively within a team environment.
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex art related issues.
- Quickly comprehend proprietary tools and development processes.
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects.
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team.