Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Environment Artist – Console/PC Games – Scotland
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic Interior Artist to grow their Interior Team. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional technical 3D environment skills and the architectural/design knowledge to be able to benchmark interiors with finesse. Collaborating with the rest of the team, you will bring cohesion to the process of generating interiors – making sure everything from the architectural details, props, set dressing, and lighting embody the concepts and art direction of the underlying game.
- You will help define and request props as well as provide quality control as needed in order to fulfill set dressing requirements.
- You must be aware of design requirements and technical limitations.
- You will work closely with Art Direction to help develop and implement best approaches to modelling, texturing, dressing and lighting-related tasks.
- You will work closely with Programmers to ensure triangle counts and texture sizes are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- You will participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- You will proactively seek feedback from Lead Artist, and Creative Directors.
- You will ensure that the artistic style is consistent with the defined visual style for the game.
- Extensive practical 3D experience and skills.
- Superior 2D and 3D art skills.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Additional education or professional experience with an emphasis in Architecture or Interior Design a plus.
- Excellent compositional skills and all-around artistic expertise and flare.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in Photoshop, 3dsmax, ZBrush or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
Categories: Art , Creative