Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Environment Artist – North West, UK – AAA Games
Location: Runcorn, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
Our client is looking for experienced environment artists to join their team to create world class AAA games. You will need to be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing environments for games, talented and highly-motivated, with a genuine interest in playing games.
- Create models of 3D environments, map predefined textures, create new textures and light environments
- Create artwork to the highest visual quality whilst working efficiently to time and memory budgets
- Work to a functional and aesthetic brief, within technical constraints
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure
- Collaborate productively within a multi-disciplined team environment
- Work effectively and prioritize own tasks
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Expert ability with Maya and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of 3ds Max, XNormal, Substance Designer, Substance Painter and Perforce.
- Ability to create normal maps using Maya, 3ds Max and ZBrush
- First-class texture creation skills including a comprehensive knowledge of multi-layered material/shader effects
- Model and texture both high and low polygon environments, including terrain, buildings and props
- Strong technical understanding of console limitations and knowledge of efficient artwork techniques
- Strong UV mapping skills with efficient layouts
- Strong understanding of form, composition, colour and light in environments and architecture
- Ideally able to demonstrate understanding of real-time lighting and HDR techniques and their application in games. Understanding of particle systems would also be an advantage
- Ability to translate concept and reference artwork into 3D game assets
- Good communication skills, willingness to accept and follow direction
Categories: Art , Creative