Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Environment/Prop Artist – Long Term Contract – Midlands
Location: Twycross, Midlands, UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 3 years ago
OPM’s client is currently looking for an Environment Artist/Prop to join their established and successful team.
As an Environment Artist or Prop Artist you will have several years’ experience in your field. Reporting to the Lead Environment Artist, you will contribute on all matters relating to the environment team in a way that maximises quality as well as efficiency.
- Creating outstanding game assets from concept that meets our quality bar
- Iterate and improve the look of pre-existing game assets to use in our world that improve player experience
- Take art and design requirements and provide creative solutions to challenging briefs
- Maintain quality control of the artwork you create
- Deliver content on schedule and within technical specifications
- Extensive experience in game development as a 3D Artist specialising in Environment Art.
- Familiar with next generation asset creation pipelines and tools
- A good artistic eye for detail, colour, value, tone, silhouette, composition etc.
- Able to contribute to the stylistic development of environment elements
- Competent in relevant art creation software – Maya, Z brush, Photoshop, Substance
- Comfortable working in a pre-defined Art Style
- Self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills, art styles
- Have shipped several AAA Console/PC titles as an Environment/Prop Artist
- Creative and passionate approach to problem solving
- Able to take and interpret direction and criticism
- Proactive, organised, able to work as part of a team and independently
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- A love of stylised artwork/games
Categories: Art , Creative