Project: AAA Games
OPM are working with a long-standing partner in the Games Industry looking for an Engineering Manager to join their expanding studio focusing on constructing innovative multiplayer experiences.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding people manager with proven experience as an accomplished engineer on live games across multiple platforms.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previously held leadership positions within software engineering, demonstrating excellent management and leadership ability.
- Extensive professional software development experience in games, delivering projects with multiple engineering teams.
- Experience working with teams delivering live software services.
- Proven background managing and hiring within a technical organisation, having significant insight into successful talent acquisition & retention initiatives.
- Experience defining and delivering organisational strategies across multiple teams working on multiple projects.
- Ability to coordinate and deliver projects with multiple stakeholders and craft specialisms at various levels of an organisation.
- Broad working knowledge of software development production practices, emerging technologies, and related industry trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure suitable management and professional support for the engineers to consistently strive for higher levels of excellence.
- Define organisational and career progression strategies for engineering staff
- Work with technical leadership roles to understand organisational pain points and identify strategies for addressing them.
- Communicate technical matters to internal and external stakeholders to align on and support decisions.
- Act as hiring manager for engineering talent.
- Line/matrix-manage engineers and engineering leads.
- Work closely with HR to deliver effective performance reviews across the engineering team.
- Partner with colleagues in production craft to help remove impediments for technical delivery and identify iterative improvements to workflow.
- Collaborate and advise on project planning, staffing plans, and workflows that are needed to deliver the product and guide transformational change in the studio.
- Identify and help manage partnering opportunities for development efforts, both internally and externally.
- Good benefits package
- Private health and life insurance
- Income protection and bonus scheme
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 426!