Job ID: #10845
This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Our client is now looking for experienced Engine Programmers to join their core engine technology team, including specialist areas such as tools, network, graphics and AI. This is an exciting opportunity to work on new technology, supporting multiple AAA titles currently in development for all current and next-generation platforms, including online multiplayer, PC and consoles.
You must be able to quickly familiarise yourself with their existing codebase in order to push the boundaries and drive an industry-leading internal engine and tools suite even further. This is a permanent full-time role based in-house at their Oxford studio.
The ideal applicant will have extensive experience working in the console games industry using C/C++, preferably in technical programming within a cross-platform engine. A strong academic background is also preferred with a 1st class or 2:1 degree in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or other science-related subject, but not essential if you have appropriate experience.
• Write and develop robust maintainable engine code
• Implement features across all current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies- Identify and solve technical problems as they arise, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance
• Maintain and add to existing codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines and higher-level programmers- Respond to feature requests and bug reports from game development staff
• Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit Rebellion- Collaborate productively, communicating ideas and issues clearly across disciplines
• Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and deadlines
• Excellent C/C++ skills with the ability to write clear maintainable code
• Strong debugging, profiling and optimising
• Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently- Good communication and teamworking with game developers from all discipline
• Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills, with the ability to accept and follow direction- A genuine interest in playing games
• Knowledge and interest in any specific areas of engine code (eg. graphics, tools, networking, AI, physics, maths, multi-threading, user-interfaces, third-party APIs) would be an advantage, as would any coding experience in other languages (eg. Perl, PHP, mySQL, C#)
Categories: Programming , Technical
Our best wishes for a great Christmas and prosperous New Year! We will all be checking our emails periodically over…
With the deadline for the UK leaving the EU fast approaching, it’s important to know what this means for UK…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom