This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it is safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Games
OPMs client is a successful UK independent games developer is looking for an Engine Programmer to join their core engine tech team and development on their upcoming AAA titles heading to current gen and next-gen platforms.
- Outstanding C/C++ skills
- Experience with technical programming within a cross-platform engine.
- Strong debugging, profiling and optimising.
- Ability to work with a large existing codebase, learn new systems/concepts and implement them quickly and efficiently.
- Strong communication and teamworking skills.
- Superb initiative, self-motivation, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Passionate about gaming and games development.
- Write and develop robust maintainable engine code.
- Implement features across current and next-gen platforms, including prototypes and new technologies.
- Detect and solve technical problems as they occur, including cross-platform issues, debugging, profiling, and optimising for reduced memory usage and increased real-time performance.
- Maintain and add to current codebase, including low/mid-level systems to support pipelines.
- Respond to feature requests and bug reports.
- Research new tools, techniques, and processes and how they can the studio.
DESIRED SKILLS (good to have):
- Experience and interest in any specific areas of engine code such as graphics, tools, networking, AI, physics, maths, multi-threading, user-interfaces, third-party APIs.
- Experience with other coding languages such as Perl, PHP, mySQL, C#.
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Maths, Physics, or other related subjects.
- 25 days paid annual leave plus all bank holidays.
- Flexible working times
- Relocation Assistance
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle Scheme
- Up to £1k interest free personal loans
- Annual company events
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 422!