Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
In–Engine FX Technical Director – AAA Games – Scotland
Location: Glasgow, Scotland Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
Our client seeks a dedicated In-Engine FX TD to join their Real-time Unit to work alongside the FX department, who helps create all FX content for the studio both for pre-rendered work as well as in engine projects. As part of the Real-time and FX team, you will help bring to life the in-engine effects and co-operate with artists who does both pre-rendered FX as well as in-engine FX. Your role will be to push the quality of the in-engine effects with given support from Houdini FX artists which can provide you with complex hybrid effects solution such as destruction work, explosions etc. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to shape the future of an animation studio by embracing emerging technologies and evolving an established pipeline. Candidates are required and must be eligible at time of application to work on-site in Glasgow.
- Able to creatively and technically create realistic and stylized effects for in-engine projects with a good eye for movement, scale and look.
- Be the person who pushes the quality of the in-engine FX with support from other Houdini FX TDs
- Create tools and set-ups that makes your own and other artists work more efficiently
- Making sure the effects created are shaded and well implemented into the in-engine project.
- Being able to guideline Houdini FX artists on what elements are needed to be pre-rendered in order for those to work well in-engine · Create complex cross-platform FX with support from other Houdini effects TD who can simulate and render prepared material in Houdini. Example being destruction work, complex explosions etc.
- Work with production management to prioritize tasks
- Work in partnership with other departments to ensure that shots are delivered to the highest possible standard
- Work within the FX team to determine the various design solutions needed to create the effects
- Keep CG Supervisor/Lead and Head of FX informed of progress, changes and other critical issues
- In depth knowledge of any of following engines Unreal, Unity or CryEngine. With higher weight on Unreal
- Experience working with in-engine effects either in a game studio or cinematic studio
- Good mathematical skills that allows the artist to solve simpler mathematical problems that arises once working in-engine
- Intermediate knowledge of a 3D software. Preferably Houdini but also Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D.
- High level of expertise using UE4
- Experience with scripting languages such as C++ or Python
- Able to draw or create your own sprite sheets in a more artistic manner
Categories: Art , Creative