This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: F2P Mobile Games
Our client is seeking a designer who will join an in-studio team in the development and support of a sandbox free-to-play game, currently live with a strong and passionate community. The successful candidate will support the development and balancing of game economies, meta frameworks, and system interactions.
- A strong background in F2P games, with deep knowledge of the current market
- Intuition regarding the intersection between game and economy balance, player experience, and consistent, long-term engagement and monetisation
- Able to construct gameplay balance and economy spreadsheets quickly, with interlinked formulae and predictive results intended to minimise the trial and error process
- Master of Excel
- A university degree is highly beneficial
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Experience with balancing and maintaining competitive multiplayer strategy titles is desired
- Define the economic foundation for the games, including relevant currencies, systems, sinks, and faucets via predictive and extendable spreadsheets and formulae
- Balance core gameplay alongside meta progression loops, allowing for in-depth strategic growth and decision-making that will drive long-term player investment, engagement, and competition
- Define and balance virtual products with the development and Live Operations teams
- Understand how each purchase point influences game dynamics
- Identify the potential sale drivers for the different product categories in the game economy, defining the key points of exposure for those drivers
- Balance the needs for those virtual products, their relation, life cycle, and their streams of availability
- Regularly utilise business intelligence, market research, and user feedback alongside personal expertise and understanding to balance gameplay, meta, and virtual goods during game development and post-release
- Conduct in-depth analysis of each feature and compare it to their competitor games to develop a robust understanding of the genre of the game and game mechanics
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!