Sorry! This job has been filled, so can no longer accept applications.
Digital Sales Manager – Games – Midlands
Location: Nottingham,UK Salary: Negotiable
Job ID: # Posted: 2 years ago
I am working with a leading independent developer of a wide variety of exciting games from all around the world. Due to the continued growth in their business, this is a new role within the commercial department. The Digital Sales Manager is a senior role focused on driving digital sales on all platforms across their vast portfolio of products. The role is pivotal in generating significant revenues for the company and the Digital Sales Manager will work closely with the Commercial and Marketing teams to deliver strong sales strategies and results across both new release and existing titles.
- Managing and maximising the sales pipeline on established Digital sales platforms for the product portfolio.
- Develop and manage relationships with store teams from key platform partners such as Microsoft / Sony / Nintendo / Valve etc.
- Strategic planning of promotional sales activity and cadence.
- Optimising product lifecycle through promotional planning as well as working with the marketing and development team to plan product enhancement & roadmap.
- Working with the commercial team to formulate and lead launch and pricing and pre-order strategies.
- Using analysis and industry metrics to evaluate brand and category performance as well as identifying and delivering on new opportunities.
- Travel to meet potential partners as needed, and attend trade shows, events, and participate in speaking opportunities as appropriate.
- Building business opportunities from understanding of customer and commercial benefits of digital content creation including demos, PDLC, map packs and other brand related content.
- Contributing to forecasting of all digital and mobile products pre-green light and updated all the way through the product’s development.
Additional Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and manage relationships with new hardware platform partners.
- Build and grow opportunities within the gaming ecosystem to partner with the EU branches of 3rd Party companies (AMD, Nvidia, Intel, Razer, etc.) to enhance Team 17’s efforts including co-marketing deals, promotions and distribution.
- Feed into and provide feedback for the internal Greenlight process.
- Analysing market research, competitive landscape data & customer insights to generate a digital product roadmap for the creation of digital assets and content to optimise sales across brands.
- Working closely with internal and external product development teams to help facilitate successful announcement and launch strategies.
- Building and maintaining external business relationships and carrying out promotions with key digital retail accounts.
- Working closely with the studio’s Marketing, PR and community teams to ensure digital Marketing initiatives are fully integrated into appropriate brand plans.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of digital and mobile sales and providing recommendations for refinement and improvement as part of the post mortem process.
- Proven experience of digital sales environment is essential, preferably within the games industry.
- A track record of sales success and consistent drive to succeed in the sales environment.
- Unquenchable passion for video games, preferably in the field of indie games and their developers and an excellent knowledge of the video games industry from a business and consumer perspective.
- Proven organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to negotiate with all parties to bring about win-win situations.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding and experience of strategic, digital marketing and sales.
- Strong communicator with credible industry knowledge & standing and good network base.
- A good understanding of digital computer game marketing and development.
- Good level of strategic planning and implementation experience.
- Ability to work under pressure and to take a can-do, positive, problem solving approach.
- Strong influencing skills at all levels and across cultures an advantage.
- Able to manage revenue targets and work within set budget.
- Excellent forecasting and business review skills.
- Experience of creating and executing lifecycle management campaigns.
- Ability to track, measure and feedback on progress across all tasks.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
Categories: Commercial , Sales