To ensure the safety of their staff moving forward, this client are now using a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future.
Project: PC/Console Multiplayer Games
OPM's client is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. They are growing the studio for exciting new projects on PC and console and are looking for a talented and passionate Development Director to help create them.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for creating and delivering game experiences, driving the agile development process and practices, keeping teams balanced, projects on track and stakeholders informed.
- Passionate about all things gaming and games development.
- Strategic mindset, able to carefully plan able to balance and prioritise short-term/long term goals when making crucial decisions.
- Proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development to enable your team to execute on the objectives and create the best product possible.
- Able to empower others by cultivating an environment of shared ownership, accountability, constructive criticism, recognition, and collaboration.
- Able to accumulate and convey information with the teams and clients on a regular basis.
- Outstanding communication skills, capable of maintaining a high standard of openness and trust with every team member.
- Flawless execution skills, able to map out the entire project with a clear view of the likely obstacles and can advise other project leaders from falling over the same pitfalls.
- You will lead and drive the game's overall development plan, constantly focused on team performance and health whilst executing against the ongoing vision for the game.
- You will be entrusted with bringing together the people, materials and tools, unencumbering teams through continuous direction, mentoring and management.
- You will change agile production process to match team performance to guarantee a great focus on quality, teamwork, communication, and improvement to constantly execute great games.
- You will own the project plan to launch on time, to quality, and within budget.
- You will use your leadership experience, to continually review and improve the development process and team performance, and executive development plans to suit various projects.
- You are quality-first focused and understand the needs of the players and the business.
- You will be responsible for the complete project plan and make data-driven decisions to improve your teams and align them around the long-term plans for operating a GaaS.
- You will be the voice of reason when necessary, as teams balance creative aspiration with their proven capacity to execute on time.
- You will be the source of truth and represent the state and the outlook of the project internally and to external clients.
- Private Medical and Dental Cover
- Onsite counselling and an employee assistant program.
- Fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave.
- Flexitime and life assurance.
- Referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
- Total of 36 days off.
- Enhanced company pension contributions.
- Cycle to work, car leasing schemes, a free car park and more.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214420!