Our client is a unique independent studio looking to expand its highly experienced team in Manchester.
They are currently looking at expanding their team up to 30 by December 2020 as they are working on a globally recognised sci-fi/horror, AAA cross-platform title for the next 2.5 years.
Over the next 5 years, they will be bringing the development of world-class games to market with new IP creation always at its heart. This will be done through co-development opportunities and working on future-facing platforms which means further expansion into a different genre of games and technologies.
The Studio prides itself on a good work/life balance, with flexible working around core hours in a friendly and relaxed environment.
They are looking for a highly skilled and motivated Development Director who can manage other producers to ensure that the right people are working on the right things at the right time. You'll be looking at long term studio-wide scheduling plans to make sure the multiple projects get the resources when they most need it. Likewise, you'll be agile and pragmatic enough to move things around when needed. This role will report into the CEO.
- Production focussed background in video game development
- Proven record of managing Development Managers/Producers of all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of development practices off all disciplines
- Clear and open communication style which encourages collaboration
- An open-minded and inclusive mind-set
- Solid and relevant management experience in the game industry.
- Strong people communication and leadership skills.
- Can quickly build trust and credibility; liaising with development teams and management
- Business-driven with a commitment to developing long term success of the company.
- Confident ability to respond to the needs of the team when facing changes and solving problems.
- Confident in giving others trust and mandate, and in following-up with constructive feedback on results and efforts.
- Efficient with your and other’s time, and always strive to improve.
- Able to demonstrate current knowledge and passion for Video Games
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Game Director and Development managers to ensure the project is both meeting production and quality goals.
- Liaise with Managing Director to update on the progress of Projects and studio direction.
- Oversee production across the entire studio and identify improvements where necessary.
- Ensure staff are appropriately resourced to deliver against the project and operational objectives.
- Manage changing priorities and implement plans (staffing, space planning etc.) to make sure project and studio goals are met.
- Collaborate with development managers and financial controller to plan budgets based on forecast and target metrics.
- Able to identify talented developers and nurture career progression in the studio.
- Write documentation, such as Statements of Work, Production proposals, Production plans, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements.
- Reach out to external parties to create potential partnerships which can be leveraged for resources and cost advantages.
- Analyse feedback, project metrics and retrospectives to drive studio improvements, create preventative procedures and plan for future projects within the studio.
- Provide mentoring, development and performance management to development managers