Job ID: #
Black Forest Games
OPM are delighted to be working with this independent game studio. Based in South West Germany the studio consists of a team of 40 international industry professionals who specialize in building games for all major game platforms. They are currently working on an open-world game in Unreal Engine 4 with realistic visuals and two projects with well-known IPs
They are looking for a highly organized individual with outstanding communication and project management skills to undertake the role of Development Director. The ideal candidate has prior experience in game development and has a keen knowledge of how each discipline operates and interacts with one another. Self-direction and follow-up skills are essential, as well as the ability to anticipate Development issues and determine alternative solutions.
You must be passionate about game development as well as the challenge of delivering games on time to a very high quality. You will be expected to perform service tasks such as streamlining communication, building strong working relationships with all departments, understanding and anticipating stakeholder needs. You will also help define the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and high level customer requirements and assist with coordination between product and service teams to meet our company strategies and goals.
– Managing a multi-project team and leading two producers
– Planning and organizing multiple projects and delivering in time and in budget
– Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication.
– Accountable for management & facilitation of relationships with external Publishing or territorial licensing partners.
– Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
– Implementing a system to provide daily insights on team distribution
– Proactively anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks.
– Ensures necessary steps are taken to resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise project’s objectives.
– Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively.
– Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of Development staff to ensure project tasks are completed on time.
– Define initial project scope and delivery schedules; manage day-to-day project schedules and motivate team towards a common project goal
– Provide motivation and direction to ensure that project goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved.
– Initiate or implement development process improvements to achieve efficiencies.
– Contribute to a positive work environment and ensure project forward momentum.
– Extensive experience as a Videogame / Software Producer.
– Several console titles shipped with at least one PS4 and one XboxOne title shipped in a producer role.
– A passion for video games, video game development, and the video game industry.
– Exceptional interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communications skills.
– Able to facilitate and mediate between all staff and teams.
– Experience managing teams and delivering products on time.
– Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
– Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results.
– Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management.
– Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Internal Production experience with a developer or an internal development studio for a Publisher.
– Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams.
– Skilled in risk assessment/management.
– Well-versed in project management software & an ability to adapt to a range of software.
In exchange for your hard work the studio offers, flexible working hours, 28 days of holiday, a competitive salary and fantastic work environment.
To be considered, please send your cv together with a Softography of your published games titles to email@example.com today!!
Catherine Cope| Design, Development Management and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm
Categories: Development Management , Production
If you are interested in the idea of bringing unique characters and worlds to life, then game animator jobs are…
One of the most important jobs in game development is that of a game programmer. Without this role, any story…
Copyright © 2021 OPM Response Ltd. Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, CO3 8AB, United Kingdom