OPM's client are looking for an experienced Designer Manager for their great opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IPs in entertainment, with a company that's a leader in this market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing & mentoring the studio’s Design team to produce their best work. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will be responsible for a team of 70 designers.
- Previous Leadership experience, including the running of a multi-person design team; people-management, mentoring & line-management.
- Knowledge of all aspects of game design, technical design & design processes.
- Experience of games development.
- Good knowledge of industry trends as they relate to genres, gameplay, development models, and financial models.
- A passion for creating fun and accessible games.
- Ensure that the studios strategy, objectives, and values are being met by the design team.
- Build a world class design team, by developing staff internally and through the recruitment of external talent.
- Define and implement best practice for the design team, including the design process, documentation & workflows.
- Manage design resources across the studio, identifying gaps, and liaising with the heads of projects on requirements.
- Take an active role in project planning, attending planning and review meetings.
- In collaboration with the Design leadership, you will mentor & coach the studios designers.
- Hold regular meetings with the designers, liaising with them on their career development and formal annual appraisals & goal setting.
- Provide proposals for promotions and salaries to ensure all staff are rewarded competitively.
- Create and provide training plans for the department and all individuals.
- Support university internship opportunities.
- Paid time off to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools and resources
- In-house learning and development resources
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call me directly today on +44 (0) 1206 214415!