Job ID: #23063
OPM’s client’s London studio is the newest in their family, and they are currently growing their team to lead development on an unannounced action MMORPG.
They are looking for a new Design Director to join this growing team, responsible for leading the design and narrative vision of their project, and providing support, mentoring and guidance to the wider design team. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable track-record as a Design Director on multiple high-profile titles.
• Lead and manage the design and narrative teams on the project, responsible for the delivery and quality of those teams
• Drive the vision and delivery of the project as part of a wider project leadership team
• Own the creative vision when it comes to design and narrative
• Own the game economy and overall game balance
• Ultimately responsible for driving high quality feature implementation with the right gameplay “feel”
• Implement, iterate and improve on a creative and feature implementation process, together with the broader project leadership team
• Shipped a minimum of 1 game title as a Design Director on a high-profile MMO, third or first-person shooter, or heavily multiplayer game
• Demonstrable track-record of managing and mentoring game design and narrative teams
• Fantastic games knowledge (both classic and contemporary), especially in MMOs and Action games
• Solid understanding of game production design process and methodology
• An excellent grasp of numbers, especially with respect to game modelling techniques
• A demonstrable analytical and iterative approach to solving design problems
• Strong organisational skills and experience of establishing enduring processes
• Ability to balance the impacts of deadlines and resources with creative and quality requirements
• Strong time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities and meet deadline
• Ability to communicate effectively with executive level staff on a broad range of topics and convey complex ideas to audiences of varying design expertise
• Comfortable getting hands-on where necessary in design documentation tasks
• Experience with the UE4 engine and blueprints is a real plus
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
Categories: Creative , Design
Sorry, there are no related jobs at the moment.
We’re proud to be partnering with MCV/Develop to bring you the 2022 30 Under 30 – this time with a…
OPM are finally heading back to Germany to attend gamescom 2022! Kim, Hannah and Jon will be arriving in Cologne…
Copyright © 2022 OPMjobs Ltd. 408 Wellington House, 90-92 Butt Rd, Colchester, CO3 3DA, United Kingdom