OPM’s client, a leading AAA Game Development Studio in the heart of London, is looking for a Design Director to join their team.
The Design Director will be working alongside the Creative Director and other Design Directors, generating and improving the design, leading by example, and pushing the boundaries of what is possible in video games creativity. They will be one of the lead spokespersons for the game.
- Lead the design of the game in the creation of iconic and high-quality experience
- Create high quality design by taking creative risks
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Art Team to ensure that all designs service both gameplay and art work
- Ensure that all design development supports the core design guides as envisioned by the Creative and Art Director
- Manage and mentor other designers and be willing to be as hands on as is required
- Embrace a cycle of “prototyping, iteration and polish” in all areas
- Work closely with other team members to create and troubleshoot construction pipelines as needed
- Collaborate with Marketing and PR team to be a public spokesperson for design, and create and deliver high quality assets in support of the game as necessary
- Be a role model for all team members by underscoring and emphasizing project and company goals, providing feedback on performance, and mentoring and training designers in aesthetic, design, and production skills
- Creates a positive, forward-focused environment that identifies and prioritizes issues for solution
- Coordinates and liaises with all necessary departments and divisions to facilitate execution of projects and materials
- Proven track record as a Game Director/Design Director on at least 2 successfully published game titles, participating in development from concept to publishing stage
- Extensive game design experience with shipped AAA titles
- Expertise with setting the design vision. Strong presentation and writing skills geared towards building design documentation
- Passion for personally creating high-quality design, and a willingness to wear different “hats” as necessary to ensure the best possible game development
- Ability to communicate, present, and sell to all game development functions including the development team, publisher, and press
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Emma on +44 (0) 1206214415 or mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com