Project: AAA Console & PC Games
OPM are looking for an experienced Design Director with a passion for creating fun, accessible games for younger and family audiences to join a leading AAA game development studio.
This is a great opportunity to work with some of the most successful and famous IP's in entertainment, within a company that's a leader in this market.
You will be an inspiring and supportive leader with an open minded and collaborative mindset, excited to help the award-winning studio continue to succeed in the next chapter of their story.
- Has led at least one project in Game Director or Design Director role on a AAA console game
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving
- Demonstrates dependability and commitment to projects / tasks
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Responsibility for leading and managing the project's design team
- Working closely with the Head of Game, to whom you will report, help to define the creative vision for the project and ensure that vision is clearly communicated and carried through into the design and implementation of the game
- Ensure the design team deliver a high-quality game within the technical, time, resource, and budgetary constraints of the project, revising the scope and design of the game as necessary during development to meet these goals
- Take an active role in ongoing user research, adapting the game to address the issues discovered
- Responsibility for the game design documentation and ensuring it is up to date
- Ensure a culture of respect, open-mindedness, and cross-discipline collaboration within the design team
- When required and under the direction of Studio/Senior Management/Head of Game perform PR duties for the project on or off site
- Provide regular creative feedback and mentoring to design staff and responsible for design team career plans, training and appraisals
- Identify and ensure that all employee relations matters are dealt with in line with company policies
- Ensure adequate design team staffing levels throughout development
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 415!