Our client is developing incredible experiences that brings 3D for everyone and this role will combine skills from analytics, engineering and business to define how they use data to make their 3d art software a highly engaging app that helps bring the world of 3D into our everyday lives.
Working closely with business stakeholders and Data Scientists you will support analytical efforts during and post development. In this role you will be expected to design telemetry, collect and analyse data, use reporting to tell the data story and deep dive on specific areas for further insight as needed.
- Work with business partners to determine business objectives and business success criteria. Thoroughly understand the customer requirements in order to properly balance competing objectives and constraints;
- Assess project requirements, assumptions and constraints;
- Determine data usage goals;
- Own data (telemetry) collection and design
- Compile and keep updated a glossary of data collection terminology (telemetry specification);
- Gather different data sources (company-wide and product-specific) and create automated extractions and aggregations;
- Own collection and reporting of established KPIs;
- Work with business partners and BI engineers to rigorously define, implement and further develop metrics and key performance indicators;
- Generate actionable reports/ dashboards and recommendations on features that will provide a baseline to improve retention, acquisition and engagement of users;
- Investigate and highlight behavioural trends emerging from usage;
- Report on the effects of proposed new product features and their success metrics
- Effective prioritization: Strong focus on outcomes, high value work;
- Energetic, multi-tasking self-starter – able to deliver value rapidly;
- Communicating with a less analytical audience;
- Proven ability to elicit reporting requirements from non-technical leaders and strong presentation skills;
- Experience working with RDBMS implementations;
- Understanding of R and Jupyter;
- Experience working with large data sets;
- Basic knowledge of handling unstructured data formats;
- Understanding of ElasticSearch, Kibana are desirable;
- Understanding of SCOPE and Cosmos are desirable;
- Comfortable with industry analysis packages such as Tableau/Omniture etc;
- Adept at identifying sources of error or bias that would lead to inappropriate recommendation
- Experience in correcting for partial or distorted data sets;
- Ability to create strategies to deal with noisy data;
- Experience in handling missing data points;
- Ability to identify inconsistencies and redundancies between different data sources;
- Experiences in devising data selection criteria
- Understanding of basic statistical concepts (sampling, bias, correlation, statistical significance, different distribution types)
- Extensive experience in a software engineering with a solid technical background.
- Ability to demonstrate having executed data driven strategies to launch new services or service updates with significant return on investment.
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience with analytics, data gathering, and data mining tools to guide business strategy.
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal including strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with teams across multiple geographies.
- MSc. Degree in Quantitative Analysis, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics, Mathematics or related field preferred
Please note: Due to this being a short term contract, my client is unfortunately unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Candidates from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the EU without sponsorship.
Catherine Cope| Production and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Unit 5 Tollgate Business Park, Colchester, Essex, UK, CO3 8AB Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm