This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: AAA Console & PC Video Games
Our client is a worldwide publisher and developer of interactive entertainment with a portfolio includes action games, role playing games and shooters.
The successful candidate will oversee and drive the creative vision of the titles, with the aim of creating content that supports and maximises the business goals and ambitions of the company. You will lead a close team delivering a top-quality multi-platform franchise to the next generation.
- Professional experience as a Creative Lead/Director on at least one successful console and PC shooter throughout the full development cycle
- Familiar with current design techniques, tools, processes, and pipelines, including prototyping, scripting, and level editing
- Experience with games as a service, including principles to maximise consumer engagement, retention, and monetisation
- Strong ability to communicate ideas, information with ease and clearness
- Diplomatic mindset, whilst being fearless and critical where needed
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office, Confluence, Jira and Perforce
- Good understanding of what makes good games, and can pick games apart, pointing out what works and what does not
- Keen sense of how to balance creative and commercial requirements to understand where resources are best spent
- Oversee all aspects of a title from a creative and design standpoint throughout full development
- Steer their development team in all areas of design, leading the creative vision
- Cooperate with stakeholders to deliver a world class franchise
- Establish design intentions and priorities for key gameplay features
- Pitch strong commercial ideas to Stakeholders and adjust them where needed
- Set design-based objectives working within defined project schedule
- Always maintain a clear and consistent design vision
- Contribute to mid and post-mortems
- Ensure the core game play is enjoyable and challenging early in development whilst delivering the design intention at agreed targets
- Working with multiple disciplines to iterate new ideas efficiently and effectively to nail core game loops
- Ensure the play balance and difficulty curve work well, making sure the game is appropriate for the target audience
- Oversee all aspects of a title from a creative and design standpoint including single player, multiplayer, DLC, PDLC, monetisation, companion apps, social layer, and franchise extensions as appropriate
- Work to keep the game on the right track and always ensure the stability of the creative direction of the project
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 425!