OPM’s client, a vigorous, ambitious and rapidly expanding developer and publisher of PC and console video games is currently looking for a Creative Director to work on their new IP in China. The studio is a market leader in the niche of free-to-play online multiplayer games.
- Create innovative and engaging game design, visual and audio frameworks and prototypes while maintaining impeccable quality
- Recruit, hire, motivate, mentor and manage world class creative talent
- Define and direct the quality and style of the gameplay required for our games
- Inspire and motivate the game team through progressive creative design, leadership and change management
- Provide effective and constructive feedback to the creative staff, and other professionals on the team with suggestions and solutions for improvement
- Communicate the game design goals and vision clearly and concisely with the team and throughout worldwide studio.
- Remain current on industry trends including: new game genres, new game design methods and techniques, trending audio visual excellence
- Work collaboratively with a group of Core Leads to deliver best in class product
- Extensive industry experience including leadership experience overseeing a new IP
- Game or Creative design credits on at least three published AAA brands or titles
- Proven ability to conceptualize, create and implement game concepts using various tools, technology and visual language
- Clearly understand creative processes; how to communicate product vision and how to align creative vision with an intended market
- Excellent creative, analytical and organizational skills with proven ability to write, communicate and maintain detailed design documentation throughout project life cycle
- Demonstrative proof of an open-mined, progressive thinker who is flexible, energetic and driven with the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges with working solutions
- Excellent knowledge of video game design processes and project management practices
- A deep understanding of market trends and customer preferences across all genres, platforms, territories and demographics
The successful candidates will receive a competitive salary dependant on their skills and experience.