Technology, creativity and innovation come together at this London based studio. Established in 2012 as an entertainment studio for a new generation of mobile hardware, their remit has since grown to encompass cutting edge R&D for emergent technologies and consumer trends. Under the hood are a who bunch of exciting technologies that lead the way in many areas. If you like the idea of being part of a team that thinks and acts ahead of the curve, join us and help make the next big thing happen.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will write high-quality code in the assigned product area.
- Create good quality software for all aspects of development.
- Work with creative teams to establish and implement requirements for content generation.
- Define and deliver features, ensuring cohesion with a wider architecture.
- Break down and estimate design briefs, assisting PMs to plan and schedule work effectively.
- Feedback and iterate on design features, pushing technical considerations and building creative solutions that support designers in maximizing the experience.
- Produce and enforce high quality and robust code, which integrates well with title and core architecture.
- Create software tools to achieve the above.
Key Success Criteria
A successful Software Development Engineer will:
- Set measurable and challenging goals
- Look beyond the obvious to uncover critical issues
- Communicate in a direct and truthful manner
- Do what you say you will do
- Ship on time and with high-quality
- Place the needs of customers ahead of individual achievements
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in helping to ship at least one product
- Experience working on low-level systems.
- Experience with Mobile, Windows or .Net.
Technical / Functional Skills
- Excellent C# or Managed C++ skills and .Net knowledge
- Excellent version control system skills (Git, TFS or similar)
- Excellent ability to assess software suitability and quality
- A very personable and ‘can-do’ attitude. Excellent at communicating with non-programmers and gathering end-user requirements
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, achieving compromises with other disciplines as required to hit deadlines.
- Very strong problem-solving skills – ability to think outside the box.
Personal Attributes / Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outgoing and pro-active personality who thrives on getting the best out of a team.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and to a tight deadline.
- Self-motivated with a drive for excellence.
- BSc, BEng, or MS in Computer Science or equivalent a plus.