I am working with a AAA studio with a real flair for creating amazing and memorable games. Are you ready to have a strong impact on the future of the games development through your data driven insights as well as research on markets and consumers within games? If this sounds appealing to you, then keep reading!
My client is looking for a Consumer & Market Knowledge (CMK) Manager to support both local and global production teams in making the right decisions to make sure that the studios games are successfully put to market and well received by the end-costumer.
The CMK team is a global cross-organizational department with the aim to provide in-depth insights regarding consumers and the games industry market and as a CMK manager, your main goal would be to support the long-term strategy of the brands and projects within 2 of their studios through close collaboration with both the production and the wider CMK teams globally.
- Developing and reinforcing the expertise of the CMK team
- Leading the studies, research and analysis on local studios and relevant competitors to ensure the best strategy for our products
- Identifying best practices related to our core markets and consumers in relation to the design and content of the games in production to align with market patterns and trends
- Utilizing knowledge within gaming and entertainment trends to propose innovative suggestions to improve our position in the market (i.e through tracing and research)
- Collaborating with the wider CMK organization to develop new and creative solutions for different studios' projects, all whilst keeping timing and cost efficiency in mind
You as a person
- As a consumer and market expert within entertainment you're ready to drive the strategy and the local team to reach the goals of the studios and their projects through market research and consumer studies for multi-million EUR projects.
- Your ability to cooperate within a multicultural team on a global scale enables you to come up with suggestions and scalable ideas that will fit different markets independently and follow them through to implementation.
- You're fluent in English and can effortlessly communicate with your many different stakeholders and partners who are interested in your insights and findings.
- Extensive experience working with the games/entertainment markets ideally with experience directly from the games industry as well as a relevant masters' degree within marketing, social sciences, statistics or similar
- Minimum a couple of years' experiences managing a team
- An avid gamer!
- Experience working from the client side of market and consumer analytics
- Experience with projects focused on quantitative, qualitative consumer and market research and data science to support development decisions
- Proven implementation and dissemination of findings to development teams
- A focus on consulting and planning of strategic initiatives to ensure alignment on a global and local scale
- Solid knowledge of advanced statistical methodology – as well as being big data-savvy and aware of various data analysis methods to test hypotheses
- Knowledge of SPSS or similar
- Extensive knowledge of transferring market insights into actionable points