As a Console Programmer you will be working on bringing our clients new PC game to Xbox One and PS4. You will be working within a dedicated console team as well as having direct access to the core team who delivered the PC version in 2019. Additionally, you will be working with the original design team to craft an experience that makes sense for the console specific play style.
The team is a small, tightly knit group of developers who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. Their programmers tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the boundaries to deliver that goal.
- Optimizing the games performance using various profiling tools.
- Implement changes for the console-specific experience.
- Solve problems encountered along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Improve as an individual.
- Help others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant experience.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Extensive Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Shipped a UE4 title on a platform other than PC, ideally Xbox/PS4
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Have a strong grasp of 3D math’s for games.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements of a competitive first person shooter.
- A desire to craft multiplayer games.
- A familiarity of multiplayer game programming.
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to overcome difficult hurdles.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
- Have developed a specialism: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation,
- Unreal Engine 4 experience in a professional environment.
- Experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Experience writing game code with tight performance constraints.
- Experience writing optimized code in Unreal Engine 4.
- An understanding of game design.
- Have the ability to drive and contribute to all aspects of a game.