This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
As a Console Programmer you will be working on an exciting new multiplayer shooter. You will be working within a dedicated console team to bring their titles to the current and next gen consoles. .
The team is a small, tightly knit group of developers who strive to build impressive multiplayer games. Their programmers tend to be multi-disciplinary developers who push the boundaries to deliver that goal.
- Bringing titles to current and next gen consoles.
- Optimising the games performance using various profiling tools.
- Implement changes for the console-specific experience.
- Solve problems encountered along the way.
- Write extensible, stable, efficient code.
- Improve as an individual.
- Help others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience.
- 2+ years of Unreal Engine 4 experience
- Shipped a UE4 title on a platform other than PC, ideally Xbox/PS4
- Have a strong grasp of C++, software design, programming and debugging.
- Have a strong grasp of 3D maths for games.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements of a competitive first person shooter.
- A desire to craft multiplayer games.
- A familiarity of multiplayer game programming.
- Ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary team.
- A strong desire to overcome difficult hurdles.
- A strong desire to learn new skills.
- A methodical mind and the ability to think outside the box.
- A strong work ethic with a willingness to learn and constantly improve
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with the ability to articulate systems and ideas effectively
- Have developed a specialism: networking, physics, AI, systems, databases, animation, etc.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience in a professional environment.
- Experience programming multiplayer games in Unreal Engine 4.
- Shipped a commercial multiplayer game.
- Experience writing game code with tight performance constraints.
- Experience writing optimised code in Unreal Engine 4.
- An understanding of game design.
- Have the ability to drive and contribute to all aspects of a game.