Location: The Netherlands
Salary: Competitive for the area
Job Type: Permanent
Projects: AAA Video Games
OPM is excited to be working with this leading AAA games developer based in the Netherlands. With over a decade’s experience in the games industry, they have grown into a multicultural team of over 200 people that have strived to achieve technical and artistic excellence in their games.
They are looking for a Senior Concept Artist with experience in game development to develop both 2D and 3D mechanical creature designs and raise the bar in quality, style and functionality.
- To create and develop 2D and 3D mechanical designs and concepts that inspire other teams and set the aesthetic qualities of the design;
- Work closely with the Art Director and a team of 2D and 3D artists to establish the direction for our mechanical designs, review assets, and achieve consistent style at a high quality output;
- You will create briefs and other materials to collaborate with other departments, artists and external parties;
- Create key art and other graphics for marketing and promotional materials, as needed
- You’re a self-motivated team player, with good written, visual and verbal communication skills;
- Skilled in 2D digital content tools such as Photoshop, Painter, and 3D tools such as zBrush;
- Can draw from diverse, eclectic and sometimes unconventional influences;
- The ability to quickly and easily adapt stylistic guides and generate high quality designs that are both innovative and stylistically outspoken;
- You are comfortable producing detailed designs that are clear in their shape interpretation and material expression;
- Inspire a multidisciplinary team, both through high-quality designs as well as excellent communication skills;
- You’re a pro-active, solution orientated designer who is engaged in concept through production;
- Have a solid technical understanding of the 3D art production pipeline for games, to effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines, like animation, design and rigging;
- A positive, open-minded collaborator who appreciates feedback.