OPM are proud to be working with this established AAA games developer and publisher behind some of the top AAA games franchises across all platforms. They are experiencing a period of development and growth; exciting things are happening in this company right now!
As the Community and Social Manager, you will be responsible for devising and facilitating relevant content across a network of key influencers/content creators, as well as delivering content for owned, earned and paid-for Social Media channels. In addition, you will assist the International Communications Team with regards to engaging within their owned and other relevant local communities.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key Influencers/content creators (bloggers, YouTubers, Streamers, etc.). Keep already on-boarded Influencer partners engaged with the studio’s franchises, involving them in content tailored to their style and channels
- Discover new up and coming Influencer partners and gaming talent for future partnerships
- Build and execute Social and Community plans for all franchises across all relevant platforms
- Plan and execute Community events. This should include bolted on activity at the studio’s pre-planned Marketing/PR events, dedicated Influencer/Community events and third-party events/exhibitions where we can gain stage presence (eg. EGX) etc.
- Create content and communication materials for Social Media channels. This could include the creation of original content, localisation of Globally created content and the sourcing & repurposing of content from relevant communities. Content plans should include daily, weekly and monthly initiatives. Obvious focus will need to be given to key marketing beats and announcements
- Forge close relationships with relevant local partners that have meaningful social and/or community scale (eg. Key retailers, 1st parties etc.) to ensure all franchises and relevant content are leveraged through their owned channels
- Assist the International Team with the monitoring of English Language Social Media channels while assisting with the engagement of local communities
- Present and effectively demonstrate our games, to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a close working relationship with the UK PR and Product Managers to ensure the Social & community plans, marketing/media plans and PR plans are linked effectively, complement each other and deliver a full owned, earned and paid channel mix
- Develop and maintain a key Influencer partner database
- Create weekly snapshot reports, detailing the performance of Community & Social initiatives
- Perform other duties as required by the Head of Marketing and Communications UK such as budget management, ensuring all required approvals are received, attending trade shows, local, national and international travel and completing relevant projects
- Education: 3 A levels or equivalent, Marketing, PR or Business degree would be an advantage
- Experience: Substantial experience as a Social and Community Manager within the gaming industry
- Communication: excellent communication skills are essential; both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding and passion with the Social Media & Community universe including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Instagram, Steam, Reddit, ResetERA, Forums, blogs, etc.
- Established contacts and relationships with Influencers, particularly within the eSports scene
- Understanding of the local media and new media landscape.
- Creative flair and confidence to try new things
- Be an effective team player through effective communication and listening, reliability, respectfulness and conflict resolution
- Extremely well organised, with strong administrational skills. An ability to multi-task and meet short deadlines is essential.