Founded in 2000 my client is headquartered in beautiful Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada with around 80 very talented and hard working people on site. This role is focused on engaging with their players and fans, and you will act as the conduit between the Studio and their gamers. You will implement a conversation strategy across all key community channels and it is essential that strong internal relationships are built to help optimize efforts.
Working in close partnership with their game Producers and teams, this position reports directly in to the Head Of Creative to reflect the pivotal role it plays in the success of the company.
- Community engagement. Be a champion for our communities and create opportunities for direct fan engagement throughout the gaming calendar.
- Social content. Develop and implement global social content programs to maximize the exposure of our games and the company across all social media channels.
- Forum moderation. Develop, evolve and manage our online forums to ensure they are a friendly, informative, engaging place to go for our fans and customers.
- Client and partnership management. Where appropriate, work with our publishing, marketing and PR partners to maximize strategies and show our games in the best light.
- Work with the management team to build and support game specific online websites, social media channels and other new media platforms.
- Reporting. Deliver detailed activity reports and well considered advance planning to ensure there is a coherent, successful long-term community management strategy in place.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Interest in sports and a particularly keen interest in golf.
- Being skilled in Photoshop and video editing, or similar demonstrable creative skills.
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities.
- Technical knowledge of online community & social platforms, systems and software.
- Strong understanding of social networking trends.
- Excellent communicator and fluency in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage and lead a vocal and robust community, and to build team relationships.
- Team player with high degree of accountability.
- To be a positive and energetic force about the studio.