Job Title: Commercial Manager
Job Location: London, UK
Job Type: Permanent
Project: Mobile Games
Our client is seeking a Commercial Manager at their central London studio. They are a dynamic games studio on a mission to build a portfolio of games that offer authentic automotive themes on top of proven and popular mobile models. They build games that acquire and retain in a way that allows them to grow and service them for years.
The successful candidate will report to the CFO, leveraging your experience to take responsibility for multiple projects and support the rest of the team to deliver on objectives and strategy. You will be capable of leading contractual negotiations with external parties, handling new opportunities and disputes, as well as protecting the commercial and contractual interests of the company.
- Strong track record and experience in a similar role
- Experienced and confident negotiator
- Familiar with contracts, with external lawyers and any stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Methodical and naturally organized with an ability to prioritize effectively and respond positively to fluid situations
- Proactive, energetic and positive individual
- Approachable team player
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Degree in a related field
- Work closely day-to-day with the CFO and several key personnel on projects touching various areas of the business including Finance, Legal, Licensing, Business Development, HR and Operations
- Review and manage contractual agreements with various parties, and monitor obligations, the implementation and enforcement of the terms
- Act as a key contact between any internal stakeholders and external legal advisors, ensuring all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly;
- Identify commercial opportunities and partnership strategies for the company, whether that be with existing partners or new ones;
- Identify opportunities for growth and support initiatives to increase strategic value;
- Identify commercial risks and design processes to mitigate such issues, implementing operational best practices;
- Work with CFO and Financial Controller to prepare the company for acquisition, sale or floatation;
- Support CFO and Financial Controller with external auditors and any investigation into findings and recommendations;
- Manage GDPR requirements for the company, liaising with various internal stakeholders to ensure processes are efficient and comprehensive. This will involve working with external legal advisors and being appointed Data Protection Officer for the company;
- Support HR with visa applications and immigration related matters, as required;
- Other tasks as may be required from time-to-time.
- Good understanding into what makes mobile games succeed or fail
- Good idea of target audience is likely to be for a given title, and how to monetise it?
- Experience in statistics, or modelling, or other useful techniques
- Keen interest in driving, racing or motorsports games.
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 427!