This vacancy may offer a work-from-home start until it’s safe to work in-house or relocate to the location.
Project: PC/Console Games
OPM have partnered with an independent PC/Console game development studio located in the heart of Stockholm. The studio is looking for a Backend Developer to join their team in a role where you will work closely with the code and game design teams to build backend systems for their games.
The systems are developed internally using cloud native technologies on AWS and includes player account and data services, in-game progression and metagame features, live service event logic, remote content distribution. You will be working in a fun and creative environment to develop features that directly improve players’ experiences.
This is the perfect role for someone with experience of Cloud Systems looking to break into the Games Industry.
- Professional experience in backend programming with JS, TS, C#, Java, Python etc.
- Understanding of the foundational cloud services on a major platform such as AWS or Azure.
- Professional experience on a live backend service with many end-users.
- Keen desire to learn the fast-paced discipline which uses a varied set of technologies.
- Solid English communication skills.
- Professional experience with SaaS solutions for data analysis of big data like Athena, Elastic Search, Redshift, Kibana, etc.
- Experience with Lua.
- Professional experience in games with features such as player matchmaking and game server orchestration.
- Understanding of AWS services (Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, EKS, Cognito, EventBridge, CloudWatch, IAM, SQS, S3) AWS CDK and CloudFormation, Docker containers and Kubernetes, TypeScript and Node.js, Windows, Linux, and Git.
- Passionate about games and the games development.
- Develop core backend services, allowing the gameplay teams to create new experiences.
- Develop features that will be used by other developers in the team.
- Design, write and own APIs and services.
- Expand upon their infrastructure health and performance monitoring utilising tracing and metrics technologies.
- Produce products to help designers and artists work on backend driven content and features
- Create features for the community and support teams to assist them in keeping the player experience running smoothly.
- Regulated flexi-time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Annual health benefits (gym membership & more)
- Annual bonus program
Interested in finding out more about the studio and project? Apply now or call directly today on +44 1206 214 418!